SSHPro Version 2.5 - SSH client
Date: 15 March 2004
Labtam is pleased to present a new software update for SSHPro now Version 2.5. It is our first major release for the 2004 year.
We have developed a SSH client for Windows providing maximum security from PC to Host over a Company Lan/Wan/Intranet or Internet. SSH is the industry standard for remote logins. It addresses most of the critical issues which concerns most users while on the internet; cyber hackers stealing passwords and other important information. SSHPro brings you typical remote system administration, file transfers, and access to corporate resources over the Internet. It brings Security to a PC and a company Lan/Wan or Intranet.
SSHPro is a SSH client for the Windows package for Windows.
SSHPro was implemented as an extension DLL. It is a superb terminal emulator/telnet client for Windows. It provides SSH capabilities to SSHPro without sacrificing any of existing functionality. Furthermore, SSHPro has been developed entirely outside of the USA, and can be sold anywhere in the world (apart from places where people aren't allowed to own cryptographic software).
New Features on this release include:
The following enhancements have been made:
1. Telnet, Telnet_SSH :
- implemented a convenient change of the authentication host keys (in the "known_hosts" file);
- The default value of the "NoHostAuthenticationForLocalHost" setting was changed to “TRUE”.
The following bugs have been fixed:
1. Telnet, Telnet_SSH:
- fixed the incorrect selecting of the full Telnet screen region;
- fixed the incorrect receiving of some national characters;
- fixed some bugs in the "View of previous screens" mode.
- implemented the "Auto-start XwpPeg Package Watcher" setting to provide the corresponding control of the XwpPeg facility;
- FTP connections (in the "non-Passive", default, mode) can be made through an existing SSH connection with the prepared Forwarded ports. This way does not require a special Telnet/SSH facility and can be used with any SSH-client which provides traditional Forwarding. All settings are made manually. Let's assume that you need to access the remote host (say, 192.168.136.41) via FTP, and an SSH connection is made with the SSH daemon which is on another remote host (say, 192.168.136.34), and each host is directly accessible one from another (192.168.136.41 <-> 192.168.136.34). Also, you should know two free ports on the local machine (say, 21 and 4444) and one on the remote host connected via SSH (say, 5555 on 192.168.136.34). At first, two forwardings must be made via the SSH-Client facility. Local-to-Remote: "21->192.168.136.41/21" (natural for FTP) and Remote-to-Local Forwarding: "4444<-5555". After that you must add two lines to the "[FTP]" section in the "xwp.ini" file: "IP_SSH_FWD=192.168.136.34" and "PORT_SSH_FWD=5555,4444" (i.e., specify the remote and local ports). Now the FTP can be started. The "host" field must contain "localhost" or "127.0.0.1". The "non-Passive" mode must be set up (i.e. the "Passive Transfer" check box must be unchecked). After "Connect" the FTP will be connected to "192.168.136.41" with no direct network access (only via SSH connection).
- to control the session's restart/completion, the "ExitOnDisconnect=..." line must be added to the "[Telnet]" section of the "xwp.ini" file. The "ExitOnDisconnect=..." setting provides the following modes: - ExitOnDisconnect=1 - to suppress the start of a new Telnet_SSH session;
- ExitOnDisconnect=2 - to suppress the "Connection lost" message (only to write it into the telnet_s.out file);
- ExitOnDisconnect=3 - to suppress the "...open forwarded connections..." message (only to write it into the telnet_s.out file).
- the uninstallation procedure does not remove components which were installed in additional (non-first) installation sessions. Such additional components should be removed manually.
- printers on the remote MS Windows NT 4 hosts are unavailable from the local host under MS Windows NT 4
Single User licenses are at $20.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at: sales@Labtam-inc.com
Download and try SSHPro software for FREE. (Demo version runs 60 minutes at a time.)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".