X-SecurePro Version 6.2
Date: 11 November 2001
Labtam is pleased to announce a new software release named X-SecurePro Version 6.2.
X-SecurePro is our latest X-Server based software addition. Not only does it contain the key X-Server elements, it now provides Encryption Security using the SSH standard from PC to host machine. X-SecurePro brings you maximum Security to a PC and a company Lan/Wan or Intranet/Internet.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments X-SecurePro is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, LPR, LPD, TELNET and NFS plus a whole lot more.
Everything that you need to run all your remote Unix and X applications is included.
New Features on this release include:1. XServer may be connected to remote LbxLoxy facility.
2. The "Dynamic Forwarding" was implemented. This feature is allowed to start FTP, XStartup/Rexec and other facility through established SSH-connections without direct access to remote hosts.
3. the "...gz" files may be used in fontdirectories. This type of compression is very popular on modern Linux systems.
4. the unlatched CapsLock key mode is implemented. This setting is actual if you remap CapsLock key in ".kmf" file (say, exchange the CapsLock and LeftControl keys, what is popular among old users of Sun machines).
5. the limit of top-level windows in Multiple mode is increased 1024 to 2048
6. the old-style keyboard mapping (like was on AIX X console, X-Terminals...) is implemented. This mode is actual for some old AIX X-Clients which work only with fixed keyboard mapping.
7. XServer may generate dynamically its DisplayNumber. In such mode many XServer instances may be start without any changes in "xwp.ini" file. This feature is especially useful with NT/2000 Terminal Servers.
8. the standard title of XSession may be customized (changed)
9. NFS-Client for MS Windows 2000 : the TCP/IP protocol using was implemented.
10. FTP connections may be done through existing SSH connection. In FTP's "Passive" mode the "Dynamic Forwarding",new Telnet/SSH feature, may be used. In FTP's "non-Passive", default, mode the usual Telnet/SSH Forwarding feature may be used.
11. XStartup : Rexec connections may be done through existing SSH connection using "Dynamic Forwarding" - new Telnet/SSH feature;
12. XStartup : The max.number of saved "Jobs" is increased from 32 to 256.
13. LPD : the listening LPD port is tunable now. User may set any value instead of standard port 515
The following bugs have been fixed :1. XServer :
- sometimes XServer in Multiple+RWM mode lost MouseWheels Windows events;
- the first X-Client hung up sometimes if it required font from FontServer and worked through LBX;
- more correct KP_keys (of ".kmf" file) processing was provided;
- sometimes an extra "VK_CONTROL pressed" Windows keyboard events did not filtered. These extra events takes place before "ALT_GR pressed" Windows events;
- incorrect saving of window dimensions during the iconifying was fixed.
2. NFS-Client for MS Windows 9.x/ME :
- the incorrect lengths of GID/UID were increased from 16-bits to 32-bits;
- NFS-Client under Windows/ME did not save changed settings;
- NFS-Client under Windows/ME operated correctly only with mapped drives.
3. NFS-Client for MS Windows 2000 :
- NFS-Client crashed system sometimes.
4. FTP :
- FTP crashed under Windows 2000;
- else some FTP-servers are recognized and their listings are viewed correctly.
Single User licenses are at $100.00 USD. Please visit Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Download and try X-SecurePro software for FREE. (Demo version runs 60 minutes at a time.)
|Home | Products | Download | Order Now | Upgrade | Support | Pricing | Company Information | Contact Us|