XConnectPro Version 3.7 - XServer for windows
Date: September 3, 2007
Labtam is pleased to present the second major release of the 2007 year of XConnectPro Version 3.7.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments, XConnectPro is a powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, LPR, LPD, TELNET and NFS plus a whole lot more.
Everything that you need to run all your remote Unix and X applications is included.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1. The Beta MS Windows XP/2003/Vista x64 NFS-Client can be installed
by running the self-extracting archive file, "nfsclx64.exe".
This file and "nfsclx64.txt" can be found in the directory
with the uncompressed package distributive.
2. The MS Windows 9x/ME/NT4/2K/2K3/XP/Vista NFS-Client can be installed
by using the "Custom" installation mode only.
3. The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed
by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe".
This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed
4. Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line
(instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation".
New Features on this release include:
- Enlarged the receiving buffer size up to 32K.
The send- and receive- speeds are close to each other now.
- Local directories may be renamed now.
- Implemented more correct processing of date/time and changes for subdirectories.
- Implemented the "EnableWriteCaching" manual setting (as equivalent
to the Unix "ASync" NFS-Server mode).
- Included the "EmulateUnixDirTimeOnFATFS" manual setting for FATFS exports.
3. NFS-Server as NT Service:
- The Warning Message about necessity to restart the Service
is issued after changes in NFS-Server settings via the new "Settings"
4. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP/Vista:
- The driver now provides the Inode number limit more than 65565.
- The driver now processes exported directories with large amount
of files (more than 7000).
- To delete client's icons from Start Menu under Vista32, direct removing
of links from a directory for all users was implemented in the delete
- The option for unmounting a network drive was included into the mounting
- Implemented the "Reduce heavy Graphic" mode.
- Added the "XKEYBOARD_Extension" setting.
- Restored the "new old" mode ("TrPW2") for non-standard X11-Clients.
Now its name is "Emulate WM window substrate".
- Implemented the "RecoveryAutoClipboard" mode to avoid the incorrect
behaviour of some MS Windows applications, which do not process correctly
the Clipboard Event queue.
- Now ComSetup is placed in the new "Settings" facility.
- Implemented the "SilentBell" setting.
- Now XSettings is placed in the new "Settings" facility.
- Added the "Advanced"->"Reduce heavy Graphic" setting.
- Added the "Troubleshooting"->"Emulate WM window substrate" setting.
- New facility that integrates the "ComSetup" and "XSettings" facilities.
- Also it provides convenient management of the NFS-Server/Service.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Fixed skipping some files if a long list of files for copying was selected.
- Fixed some minor bugs (wrong focus and update) for copying from a remote to local host.
- The renamed local directory could not be copied.
- Fixed skipping files with blanks in names with some modern Ftp-daemons.
2. NFS-Server and NFS-Server as NT Service:
- When mounting, a path with a trailing "/" (e.g. "/f/nfs_s/") was considered as ERROR;
In this case, the wrong error "Stale NFS file handle" returned.
- Reasonless decreasing of "size/wsize" was required to correctly send long file listings.
- Sometimes the "There is an input or output error" message
(on NFS-Client side) might take place in the NFS2/UDP mode.
- Fixed the necessity of two mounts under VISTA32 to work normally
- A very large number of files/directories (inodes) might issue
the "NFS Server Fatal Error: ran out of inodes" message.
- The hang-up might take place after a series of unsatisfied
network send() requests. The "ZeroWindow" TCP/IP network message
led to fatal hang-up of NFS-Server.
- Improved the "Export..."->"Name Conversion"->"Mode:"->"Use shift symbol"
mode (default) to better processing non-English
file- and directory- names (e.g., non-UTF8 Russian names)
3. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP/Vista:
- Fixed incorrect working for the UDP protocol under Vista32.
- Fixed possible system crash while working for the TCP protocol
- Fixed an error detected while working for the UDP protocol when
a buffer was changed to a larger size without machine restart.
- Fixed an error detected for the NFS protocol v.2 when GETATTR and
SETATTR functions issued an RPC error message instead of the NFS one for
permissions violations to a file or a directory.
- Fixed the error of opening files in the SUPERSEDE mode.
This is very actual for multi-processors PC with MS Windows Server 2003.
- Fixed a rare failure (one on 50 000 network packages).
Takes place using the UDP protocol in multi-processors PC with
MS Windows Server 2003.
- Fixed the potential hang-up because of delays in TDI layer.
- Fixed the incorrect set of the MODIFY TIME (on a server side).
(The problem takes place with, say, the ROBOCOPY software).
- Provided more correct flushing of cached data.
- The small (<2048 bytes) buffer size provided the incorrect reading
of the directories.
- Sometimes XServer/Multiple displayed the mouse cursor in non-active
- XServer in the GLX/OpenGL32 mode can crash sometimes when
terminating a GLX X11-Client.
- The "Icon on system Taskbar" mode is provided more correctly now;
- In the "Use RENDER Extension" mode, some X11-Clients may give a "dirty",
unclear black dots.
- The "Ferret" package, running on the same PC, caused the XServer
to crash when closing one of two (!!!) Ferret's windows.
- The infinite resize loop with Mahogany Save as file dialog
took place in the "Multiple" mode.
- Qt3 "designer" does not work with CTRL+MOUSE combination.
- In the "FullScreen" mode, the mouse events from outside the XSession
window (e.g. when PC has a non-single monitor) were processed incorrectly.
- The LPD-server crashed during the 2nd start-up in some circumstances.
- The "Font control"->"Pseudo fonts"->"Use pseudo fonts"->"Save"
corrupted the "xwp.ini" file.
Please read more about XConnectPro in product home section of Labtam Inc site.
Single User licenses are at $95.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at:sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try XConnectPro software for FREE.
Get FREE 30 day trial license to make deep software evaluation.
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".