XLitePro Version 1.2 - XServer for windows
Date: 15 March 2004
Labtam is pleased to present a new software update for XLitePro now Version 1.2. This is the first major release for 2004.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments XLitePro is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, TCP/IP, TFTP and TELNET.
New Features on this release include
The following enhancements have been made
- a review of runaway lines (as "old screens") was improved.
- the virtual root size limit was changed from 8192x8192 to the value and the limit of "width*height <= 56Mb pixels";
- added the "DeceiveSuSE9=1" manual setting to allow the XServer to be operational with Linux SuSE 9.0;
- added the "EnableScaledFonts=1" manual setting to allow the XServer to use scaled fonts.
- added two standard X-Clients: xlsfonts, xfontsel;
- added the "X11/app-defaults" directory for resource files.
The following bugs have been fixed
- fixed the incorrect selecting of the full Telnet screen region;
- fixed the incorrect receiving of some national characters;
- fixed some bugs in the "View of previous screens" mode.
- 100% CPU usage might take place if the XDMCP mode is used;
- a mouse position could be wrong after MAXIMIZE of the XServer's window.
- implemented the "Auto-start XwpPeg Package Watcher" setting to provide the corresponding control of the XwpPeg facility.
- to input any text into the command line before its executing, the "$(INPUTLIP)" macros can be used. E.g., if the "Command" field contains the following line:
"xterm -display $(INPUTLIP):0" then you will be prompted to input a text string (an IP address is assumed). If you enter "220.127.116.11", then the resulting command line will be:
xterm -display 18.104.22.168:0 .
- the "DontUse_MOTIF_WM_HINTS=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent the "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" windows property from processing;
- the "DontCheckWM_SIZE_HINTSinc=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent the "WM_SIZE_HINTS" windows property from processing;
- the "ILikeLINUX=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to set up the LINUX's console keyboard mapping;
- the "MyIP=?" line can be inserted into the "[network]" section of the xwp.ini file to allow the manual input of a local IP address when the XServer is started.
- the uninstallation procedure does not remove components which were installed in additional (non-first) installation sessions. Such additional components should be removed manually.
- drawing partial arcs can be very slow;
- the CDE/XDMCP of the HP-UX host can provide infinite waiting for connection. To avoid this, the new "HP" fonts alias directory should be included into the XServer FontPath;
- the "Forced Backing Store" setting can provide wrong screen re-displaying in some cases (e.g., Netscape scrolling).
Single User licenses are at $65.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at: sales@Labtam-inc.com
Download and try XLitePro software for FREE. (Demo version runs 60 minutes at a time.)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".