XLitePro Version 1.5 - XServer for windows
Date: May 9, 2005
Labtam is pleased to present a new software update for XLitePro now Version 1.5. This is the first major release for 2005.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments XLitePro is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, TCP/IP, TFTP and TELNET.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1) Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line (instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation" !
2) The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe".
This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed package distributive.
New Features on this release include:
- implemented the Telnet startup mode
- implemented the "-lxdn [<DisplayNumber>]" option to set up the "$(DISPLAYNUMBER)" macros (the "-lxdn" option means lookup running XServer)
In this case, XServer must already have been started
- Telnet can be started as a non-interactive session via the Startup facility
- implemented the "-mout [<outputfile>]" command-line option to provide a "readable" log-file for the session
- implemented the "-lxdn [<DisplayNumber>]" command-line option to set the "DISPLAY" session environment variable if a remote daemon supports it (the "-lxdn" option means lookup running XServer)
- Telnet understands the local XServer's "DynamicDisplayNumber" mode and correctly looks for the running XServer
- added the Portuguese (Brazilian) keyboard mapping file, "portbraz.kmf"
- the XStartup and Telnet are invoked with the "-lxdn <DisplayNumber>" option (from the XServer's "Run" submenu)
- the last state of the "If Colormap Changed" setting in the XServer's "Options" submenu is saved for future sessions
- XServer/Multiple+RWM provides more convenient behavior of new windows including the XDMCP Logon window
- XServer/GLX/Mesa conforms to Mesa 6.2.1
- added the "xmodmap" X-Client
- added the "glxinfo" and "glxgears" GLX X-Clients
- implemented the "libGL.dll", "libGLU.dll", "libGLUT.dll" and "libXI.dll" libraries to provide GLX X-Client's run-time environment
The following bugs have been fixed
- the silent installation did not correctly use some saved installation parameters (i.e. the "Destination directory")
- more correct restarting to remove a possible "restart loop" and crash after the "password->"Disconnect" action
- removed some non-actual settings
- XServer/Multiple+RWM incorrectly processed the disabling (from X-Client) of the shape region
- sometimes the XTRANS/accept() error code was processed incorrectly that led to unexpected error messages
- the composer key is accepted from the KeyPress moment (it was from the KeyRelease moment, that is not correct)
- reanimated the "Raise all windows" action in the XServer's menu
- fixed the possible incorrect processing of "shading"
- implemented the "Auto-start XwpPeg Package Watcher" setting to provide the corresponding control of the XwpPeg facility
- to input any text into the command line before its executing, the "$(INPUTLIP)" macros can be used. E.g., if the "Command" field contains the following line: "xterm -display $(INPUTLIP):0" then you will be prompted to input a text string (an IP address is assumed). If you enter "184.108.40.206", then the resulting command line will be: xterm -display 220.127.116.11:0
- the "DontUse_MOTIF_WM_HINTS=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent from processing the "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" windows property
- the "DontCheckWM_SIZE_HINTSinc=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent from processing the "WM_SIZE_HINTS" windows property
- the "MyIP=?" line can be inserted into the "[NETWORK]" section of the xwp.ini file to allow the manual input of local IP address when XServer will be started
- the following options are applicable when the XServer's PC has more than one IP address. In this case, XServer will prompt you to choose one of them. The "SocketCreate_INADDR=." line can be inserted into the "[XDMCP]" section of the xwp.ini file to communicate with the XDMCP daemon via the IP address chosen. The "SocketCreate_INADDR=IP" assignment can be made to use the IP address specified to communicate with the XDMCP daemon (e.g. "SocketCreate_INADDR=192.168.0.30")
- the uninstallation procedure does not remove components which were installed in additional (non-first) installation sessions. Such additional components should be removed manually
- printers on the remote MS Windows NT 4 hosts are unavailable from the local host under MS Windows NT4
- drawing partial arcs can be very slow
- the CDE/XDMCP of the HP-U
X host can provide infinite waiting for connection. To avoid this, the new "HP" fonts alias directory should be included into the XServer FontPath
- the "Forced Backing
Store" setting can provide wrong screen re-displaying in some cases (e.g., Netscape scrolling)
Single User licenses are at $65.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at: sales@Labtam-inc.com
Download and try XLitePro software for FREE. (Demo version runs 60 minutes at a time.)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".