XLitePro Version 1.6 - XServer for windows
Date: December 4, 2005
Labtam is pleased to present a new major software upgrade for XLitePro now Version 1.6. This is the second major release for 2005.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments XLitePro is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, TCP/IP, TFTP and TELNET.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1) Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line (instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation" !
2) The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe".
This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed package distributive.
New Features on this release include:
- implemented the "Disable Log Output" setting to prevent attempts to write in the ".out" and ".ini" files from any of the package's facility
2. Ping (renovated):
- implemented the IPv6 support (in both the ICMP and TCP modes)
- TCP ping is allowed to standard TCP/IP echo port 7 as well as to any other TCP port entered
- allows to scan the LAN
- implemented the IPv6 support
- implemented the "empty Default UserID for Jobs" setting to suppress using the Windows logon name as default in the Jobs' "Startup Login" dialogs
- changed the default keycode for the Mode_switch key from 255 to 254 to satisfy HP XDMCP
- changed the NumLock keycode from 140 to 77 in the "Keyboard Mapping for Linux" mode
- allowed "KEY126". It is used in the PortBraz ABNT2 keyboard as "KEY126= 0x2e, 0x2e ; (XK_period,XK_period)"
- the ibmremap.ini file provides additional keycode remapping
- implemented the XKB Extension as option (requires the "+kb" option yet)
- users can disable any/all items of the XServer's Control menu. The following line must be manually inserted in the "[XSETUP]" section of the "xwp.ini" file to block all the menu items:
- implemented the IPv6 support except for the XDMCP mode
- implemented the IPv6 support
The following bugs have been fixed:
1. Ping (renovated):
- stopped the usage of raw sockets. The standard MS Windows ICMP interface is used instead to allow non-admin users to use ping.
- compiling WINFONTS resulted in an application crash
3. XFontset Service:
- viewing WINFONTS used resulted in an application crash
- using WINFONTS resulted in an application crash
- the PolyFillRect X11 operation sometimes resulted in the XServer crash
- the accept() network request is performed more carefully to suppress wrong delays during a remote desktop startup process
- removed the curious for TrueColor mode (but wrong) influence of Refresh Palette settings
5. XServer in the "Multiple+RemoteWM" mode:
- fixed some focus/activation by mouse bugs (in both the "point window" and "click window" focus modes)
- sometimes the mouse cursor view was wrong
- sometimes failed window creating and/or positioning (e.g. using the AFNI program package)
- sometimes menu usage was wrong because of the wrong windows order in XServer (e.g. MATLAB under CDE-1.5/1.6 on SunSolaris machines)
- implemented the "Disable Log Output" setting to prevent attempts to write in the ".out" and ".ini" files from any package's facility
2. Ping (renovated):
- the "*" wild card symbol may be used once in the IP address (in both IPv4 and/or IPv6 cases) to scan 256 hosts in the LAN. Examples of correct IP addresses: "192.168.0.*", "fe80::250:baff:fef2:*42%4"
- the "DontUse_MOTIF_WM_HINTS=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent processing the "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" windows property;
- the "DontCheckWM_SIZE_HINTSinc=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent processing the "WM_SIZE_HINTS" windows property
- printers on the remote MS Windows NT 4 hosts are unavailable from the local host under MS Windows NT 4.
2. Telnet - the followed features not yet implemented:
- the named "profiles" (pre-set sessions)
- saved telnet-screens ("back buffer") may be written to a file
- drawing partial arcs can be very slow
- the CDE/XDMCP of the HP-UX host can provide infinite waiting for connection. To avoid this, the new "HP" fonts alias directory should be included into the XServer FontPath
- the "Forced Backing Store" setting can provide wrong screen re-displaying in some cases (e.g., Netscape scrolling)
Single User licenses are at $65.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at:sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try XLitePro for FREE. (Demo version runs 60 minutes at a time.)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".