XLitePro Version 1.7 - XServer for windows
Date: June 26, 2006
Labtam is pleased to present a new major software upgrade for XLitePro now Version 1.7. This is the first major release for 2006.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments, XLitePro is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, TCP/IP, TFTP and TELNET.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1. Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line (instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation".
2. The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe". This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed package distributive.
New Features on this release include:
- Implemented the named "profiles" (pre-set sessions).
- Saved telnet-screens ("back buffer"). Can now be written to a file.
- Implemented Saving of Screen history (i.e., Saving of all Extend Screens).
- Improved flexibility for the XTERM emulation mode.
- Implemented the UTF-8 substitution.
- Implemented the "-prof profilename" option in the command line.
- Implemented two macros, "TraceWS_9", "TraceWS_OFF", to control network tracing.
- Implemented the RENDER Extension (not available in 8-bit mode). This also provides wider range of available pixmap depths.
- Implemented the "MAX_XSELECTION_BYTES=..." manual setting to enlarge the default (1MB) size for X-Selection which may be copied to/from the MS Windows Clipboard.
- Implemented the "AllowCONTEXTMENU=1" manual setting to allow the standard MS Windows Context Menu.
- Implemented the "CheckXDesk=1" manual setting to provide the correct focus processing by the XDesk virtual desktop manager.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- The selection rectangular did not clear all the time.
- Suppressed any unnecessary Telnet attempts to update the read-only ".ini"-files.
- Dot defects may take place when Dashed line drawing.
- An empty IP list may take place when your PC has a non-single IP address.
- Implemented the "Disable Log Output" setting to prevent attempts to write in the ".out" and ".ini" files from any of the package's features.
2. Ping (renovated):
- The "*" wild card symbol may be used once in the IP address (in both IPv4 and/or IPv6 cases) to scan 256 hosts on the LAN. Examples of correct IP addresses: "192.168.0.*", "fe80::250:baff:fef2:*42%4".
- The "DontUse_MOTIF_WM_HINTS=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent from processing the "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" windows property.
- The "DontCheckWM_SIZE_HINTSinc=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent from processing the "WM_SIZE_HINTS" windows property.
- The "MAX_XSELECTION_BYTES=..." line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to enlarge the default (1Mb) size of X-Selection which may be copied to/from the MS Windows Clipboard. E.g., the "MAX_XSELECTION_BYTES=2000000" line sets the ~2Mb limit;
- The "AllowCONTEXTMENU=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to allow the standard MS Windows Context Menu (when right-click on the windows title bar provides the standard drop-down menu).
- The "CheckXDesk=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to provide the correct focus processing by the XDesk virtual desktop manager.
- Implemented the "enable RENDER Extension" setting
- printers on the remote MS Windows NT 4 hosts are unavailable from the local host under MS Windows NT 4.
2. Telnet - the followed features not yet implemented:
- the named "profiles" (pre-set sessions)
- saved telnet-screens ("back buffer") may be written to a file
- drawing partial arcs can be very slow
- the CDE/XDMCP of the HP-UX host can provide infinite waiting for connection. To avoid this, the new "HP" fonts alias directory should be included into the XServer FontPath
- the "Forced Backing Store" setting can provide wrong screen re-displaying in some cases (e.g., Netscape scrolling)
Single User licenses are at $65.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at:sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try XLitePro for FREE. (30 day trial working version)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".