XSecurePro64 Version 1.2: 64bit X Server.
Date: December 4, 2005
Labtam is pleased to announce a new software release of X-server for Windows - XSecurePro64 Version 1.2. This is the second major release for the 2005 year.
XSecurePro64 is our latest X-Server based software addition for 64-bit Pc’s. Not only does it contain the key X-Server elements, it also provides Encryption Security using the SSH standard from PC to host machine. XSecurePro64 brings you maximum Security to a PC and a company Lan/Wan or Intranet/Internet.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments XSecurePro64 is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, LPR, LPD, TELNET and NFS plus a whole lot more. Everything that you need to run all your remote Unix and X applications is included.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1) Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line (instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation"!
2) The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe".
This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed package distributive.
3) The Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT4/2000/XP NFS-Client can be installed by using the "Custom" installation mode only.
New Features on this release include:
- implemented the "Disable Log Output" setting to prevent attempts to write in the ".out" and ".ini" files from any of the package's facility
2. Ping (renovated):
- implemented the IPv6 support (in both the ICMP and TCP modes)
- TCP ping is allowed to standard TCP/IP echo port 7 as well as to any other TCP port entered
- allows to scan the LAN
- the latest local working directory is activated when selecting profile
- implemented the FXP mode to copy files between two remote FTP servers
- implemented the WebNFS support
- implemented the ability to mount a subdirectory of a shared one
5. Telnet and Telnet_SSH :
- implemented the IPv6 support
- implemented the named "profiles" (pre-set sessions)
- saved telnet-screens ("back buffer") may be written to a file
- implemented the "keyboard-interactive" authentication mode
6. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP :
- implemented the ability to mount a subdirectory of a shared one (if the remote NFS-Server allows that)
7. XStartup :
- implemented the "empty Default UserID for Jobs" setting to suppress using the Windows logon name as default in the Jobs' "Startup Login" dialogs
8. XServer :
- changed the default keycode for the Mode_switch key from 255 to 254 to satisfy HP XDMCP
- changed the NumLock keycode from 140 to 77 in the "Keyboard Mapping for Linux" mode
- allowed "KEY126". It is used in the PortBraz ABNT2 keyboard as "KEY126= 0x2e, 0x2e ; (XK_period,XK_period)"
- the ibmremap.ini file provides additional keycode remapping
- implemented the XKB Extension as option (requires the "+kb" option yet)
- users can disable any/all items of the XServer's Control menu. The following line must be manually inserted in the "[XSETUP]" section of the "xwp.ini" file to block all the menu items:
- implemented the IPv6 support except for the XDMCP mode
9. X-Clients :
- implemented the IPv6 support.
The following bugs have been fixed:
1. Ping (renovated):
- stopped the usage of raw sockets. The standard MS Windows ICMP interface is used instead to allow non-admin users to use ping
- timer stops after 10800 ticks
- reget shows bytes already copied
- drag & drop features for the MVS system
- corrected the setup dialog to suppress output of wrong symbols
- fixed the bug with incorrect printing
4. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP:
- the "ReadDirPlus" request of NFS-3 incorrectly resulted in splitted requests
- fixed some bugs during testing under Windows 2003 Server with Sp1
- compiling WINFONTS resulted in an application crash
6. XFontset Service:
- viewing WINFONTS used resulted in an application crash
- using WINFONTS resulted in an application crash
- the PolyFillRect X11 operation sometimes resulted in the XServer crash
- the accept() network request is performed more carefully to suppress wrong delays during a remote desktop startup process
- removed the curious for TrueColor mode (but wrong) influence of Refresh Palette settings
8. XServer in the "Multiple+RemoteWM" mode:
- fixed some focus/activation by mouse bugs (in both the "point window" and "click window" focus modes)
- sometimes the mouse cursor view was wrong
- sometimes failed window creating and/or positioning (e.g. using the AFNI program package)
- sometimes menu usage was wrong because of the wrong windows order in XServer (e.g. MATLAB under CDE-1.5/1.6 on SunSolaris machines)
- implemented the "Disable Log Output" setting to prevent attempts to write in the ".out" and ".ini" files from any package's facility
2. Ping (renovated):
- the "*" wild card symbol may be used once in the IP address (in both IPv4 and/or IPv6 cases) to scan 256 hosts in the LAN. Examples of correct IP addresses: "192.168.0.*", "fe80::250:baff:fef2:*42%4"
- to enter in the FXP mode, the "Server"->"FXP/FTP Connect" menu item must be chosen to log on the second remote host after the usual FTP log on the first host was completed. After this the left FTP'spane will represent the 2nd remote FTP server
- the "WebNFS Enable"/"Unset as WebNFS" buttons of the "NFS-Server Settings" dialog allow/disable the WebNFS support
- the "NOSubDirectory=0" line can be inserted into the "[NFSSERVER]" section of the xwp.ini file to disable the ability to mount a subdirectory of a shared one
5. NFS-Client for Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP:
- the "NFS Client Settings"->Advanced->"Enable mounting of subdirectories" setting must be enabled to allow mounting a subdirectory of a shared one (if the remote NFS-Server allows that)
- the "DontUse_MOTIF_WM_HINTS=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent processing the "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" windows property
- the "DontCheckWM_SIZE_HINTSinc=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent processing the "WM_SIZE_HINTS" windows property
- printers on the remote MS Windows NT 4 hosts are unavailable from the local host under MS Windows NT 4
- there may be problems on PCs with several IP addresses;
- some Linux NFS-3 Clients may issue an error message (about the wrong file ID) because of wrong packets unwrapping in the Linux's "nfs3xdr.c" module
4. NFS-Client for Windows 9x:
- PC must be restarted after you change the license file, "xwpdllid.dll"
- can fail when connecting to an NFS server on another PC under Windows 9x if both PCs have Client/Server for Microsoft Networks installed
- drawing partial arcs can be very slow
- the CDE/XDMCP of the HP-UX host can provide infinite waiting for connection. To avoid this, the new "HP" fonts alias directory should be included into the XServer FontPath
- the "Forced Backing Store" setting can provide wrong screen re-displaying in some cases (e.g., Netscape scrolling)
Single User licenses are at $190.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at:sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try XSecurePro software for FREE. (Demo version runs 60 minutes at a time.)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".