XSecurePro64 Version 1.3: 64bit X Server.
Date: June 26, 2006
Labtam is pleased to announce a new software release of X-server for Windows - XSecurePro64 Version 1.3. This is the first major release for the 2006 year.
XSecurePro64 is our latest X-Server based software addition for 64-bit Pc’s. Not only does it contain the key X-Server elements, it also provides Encryption Security using the SSH standard from PC to host machine. XSecurePro64 brings you maximum Security to a PC and a company LAN/WAN or Intranet/Internet.
Integrating the Microsoft Windows and X-Window System environments XSecurePro64 is an inexpensive but powerful and effective way to transform a standard PC into a fully functional X-terminal.
Included in the package are the X-Window System, SSH, TCP/IP, FTP, TFTP, LPR, LPD, TELNET and NFS plus a whole lot more. Everything that you need to run all your remote Unix and X applications is included.
NOTES on this release (PLEASE READ):
1. Use the "setup -wauto -s" command line (instead of "setup -auto") to start the "Silent Installation".
2. The Windows NT LPR printer driver is manually installed by running the self-extracting archive file, "lprd.exe". This file can be found in the directory with the uncompressed package distributive.
3. The MS Windows 9x/ME/NT4/2K/2K3/XP NFS-Client can be installed by using the "Custom" installation mode only.
New Features on this release include:
- Implemented the FTP security extension (RFC2228). It requires MIT Kerberos for Windows be installed.
- Implemented UTF-8 conversion of names.
- Implemented IPv6 support.
2. Telnet and Telnet_SSH:
- Implemented Saving of Screen history (i.e., Saving of all Extend Screens).
- Improved the flexibility for the XTERM emulation mode.
- Implemented UTF-8 substitution.
- Implemented the "-prof profilename" option in the command line.
- The "FL_DOUGLASCBEETHE=1" manual setting allows you to set file size 0 for read-only files.
4. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP:
- Changed the outlook of the NFS-Servers list.
- Buffer sizes of 16KB and 32KB are available for NFS-3 via TCP/IP.
- Widened the range of "life times" for files and directories (for very large directories).
- Implemented the "ASync" send mode for the NFS-3 protocol (may accelerate data transfer from the PC to the remote host up to 20 times).
- Implemented the support of relative symbolic links.
- Implemented two macros, "TraceWS_9", "TraceWS_OFF", to control network tracing.
- Implemented the RENDER Extension (not available in the 8-bit mode). This also provides wider range of available pixmap depths.
- Implemented the "MAX_XSELECTION_BYTES=..." manual setting to enlarge the default (1MB) size for X-Selection which may be copied to/from the MS Windows Clipboard.
- Implemented the "AllowCONTEXTMENU=1" manual setting to allow the standard MS Windows Context Menu.
- Implemented the "CheckXDesk=1" manual setting to provide the correct focus processing by the XDesk virtual desktop manager.
- Implemented 11 libGL v1.3 functions ("_glXCreateNewContext", ...).
The following bugs have been fixed:
1. FTP in FXP mode:
- Fixed the incorrect viewing of a current directory specification and other FXP-specific bugs.
2. Telnet and Telnet_SSH:
- The selection rectangular did not clear all the time.
- Suppressed any unnecessary Telnet attempts to update read-only ".ini"-files.
- Changed from 2 to 1 the number of hard links to a directory to provide correct execution of the UNIX "find" command.
4. NFS-Client for MS Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP:
- Implemented the "Use NULL Security DACL" setting to resolve a collision with the MS Installer under Windows 2003.
5. NFS-Server as NT Service:
- After restarting the service, a client could not get connected.
- Dot defects may take place when drawing dashed lines.
- An empty IP list may take place when your PC has a non-single IP address.
- Implemented the "Disable Log Output" setting to prevent attempts to write in the ".out" and ".ini" files from any of the package's features.
2. Ping (renovated):
- The "*" wild card symbol may be used once in the IP address (in both IPv4 and/or IPv6 cases) to scan 256 hosts on the LAN. Examples of correct IP addresses:
- To enter in the FXP mode, the "Server"->"FXP/FTP Connect" menu item must be chosen to log on the second remote host after the usual FTP log on the first host was completed. After this, the left FTP's pane will represent the 2nd remote FTP server.
- The "WebNFS Enable"/"Unset as WebNFS" buttons of the "NFS-Server Settings" dialog allow/disable the WebNFS support.
- The "NOSubDirectory=0" line can be inserted into the "[NFSSERVER]" section of the xwp.ini file to disable the ability to mount a subdirectory of a shared one.
5. NFS-Client for Windows NT4/2K/2K3/XP:
- The "NFS Client Settings"->Advanced->"Enable mounting of subdirectories" setting must be enabled to allow mounting a subdirectory of a shared one (if the remote NFS-Server allows that).
- The "DontUse_MOTIF_WM_HINTS=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent from processing the "_MOTIF_WM_HINTS" windows property.
- The "DontCheckWM_SIZE_HINTSinc=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSERVERdeb]" section of the xwp.ini file to prevent from processing the "WM_SIZE_HINTS" windows property.
- The "MAX_XSELECTION_BYTES=..." line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to enlarge the default (1Mb) size of X-Selection which may be copied to/from the MS Windows Clipboard. E.g., the "MAX_XSELECTION_BYTES=2000000" line sets the ~2Mb limit.
- The "AllowCONTEXTMENU=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to allow the standard MS Windows Context Menu (when right-click on the windows title bar provides the standard drop-down menu).
- The "CheckXDesk=1" line can be inserted into the "[XSETUP]" section of the xwp.ini file to provide the correct focus processing by the XDesk virtual desktop manager.
- Implemented the "enable RENDER Extension" setting.
- Printers on the remote MS Windows NT4 hosts are unavailable from the local host under MS Windows NT4.
- There can be problems on PCs with several IP addresses;
- Some Linux NFS-3 Clients may issue an error message (about the wrong file ID) because of wrong packets unwrapping in the Linux's "nfs3xdr.c" module.
3. NFS-Client for Windows 9x:
- The PC must be restarted after you change the license file, "xwpdllid.dll".
- Can fail when connecting to an NFS server on another PC under Windows 9x if both PCs have Client/Server for Microsoft Networks installed.
- Drawing partial arcs can be very slow.
- The CDE/XDMCP of the HP-UX host can provide infinite waiting for a connection. To avoid this, the new "HP" fonts alias directory should be included into the XServer FontPath.
- The "Forced Backing Store" setting can provide wrong screen re-displaying in some cases (e.g., Netscape scrolling).
Single User licenses are at $190.00 USD. Please visit the Software Pricing page for pricing on Multiple Licenses.
If at anytime you require any information or assistance please do not hesitate to e-mail us at:sales@Labtam-inc.com.
Download and try XSecurePro software for FREE. (30 day trial working version)
The programs associated in this package may send and/or receive broadcast IP requests. Since such packets cannot cross the nearest firewall/gateway/router, please be sure that these IP requests are invisible from outside your network. We assume that such behavior cannot be considered as "Hacking" or "Trojan horse's action".