Your computer system must meet the following hardware, software, host and network requirements for you to install and use ProNFS.
PC Hardware & Software Requirements
- A standard 32-bit IBM PC (Pentium recommended) or 100% compatible
- 16 Mbytes RAM
- Color graphics controller supporting SVGA video modes
- Mouse Unit compatible with Microsoft Windows
- Optional math coprocessor
- 16 Mbytes free hard disk space.
Note that this disk requirement does not account for the disk cluster size. The larger the cluster size the greater the disk requirement.
In addition to the above requirements, you need one of the following operating systems:
- MS Windows Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 and Server 2003/2008/2008R2 32-bit or 64-bit editions
- TCP/IP facility with Windows Sockets Interface.
- TCP/IP protocols over Ethernet or Serial port connection
- Optional server implementations of FTP and TFTP
- Virtual terminal protocol Telnet
- Optional server implementation of Berkeley Line Printer protocol
- Login account on the host machine.